Fogo de Chão Passionfruit Caipirinha
This fresh twist on the Caipirinha, the national cocktail of Brazil, marries passionfruit puree with Cachaça to add an extra tropical layer to this cocktail. Fun fact: roughly 350 million gallons of cachaça are consumed by Brazilians each year, which equates to around two gallons per a person!
- ½ of a whole lime
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 oz. Cachaça
- 1 oz. Passionfruit Puree
- Cut lime in half and remove core (this is the bitter part of the lime; it is not sour).
- Slice lime thinly against the direction of the core.
- Place sliced lime in a rocks glass and add two tablespoons of sugar.
- Muddle lime and sugar together to extract the natural juice of the lime.
- Fill glass to the brim with ice, and add 2 oz. of cachaça and 1 oz of passionfruit puree.
- Cap glass with bar shaker and shake thoroughly to ensure the sugar dissolves evenly.
- Pour back into rocks glass and Serve at once. Enjoy!
- Note: Garnish the Caipirinha with a lime wheel or stick of sugar cane, as desired!
- Makes one drink