Walla Walla Valley Winemakers Share Itinerary Series for the Fall Season
WALLA WALLA, WA (September 21, 2022) – Walla Walla Valley Wine has unveiled the sixth annual Wander Walla Walla Valley Wine series of curated winemaker itineraries. Walla Walla Valley winemakers created custom itineraries focused on sharing their favorite Walla Walla spots, including beloved wineries, eateries, and attractions, all while revealing insider tips and tricks along the way.
Walla Walla’s lively small-town atmosphere, food scene, outdoor recreational activities, and vibrant wine community continue to attract the interest of both wine lovers and travelers alike. The Walla Walla Valley is home to the highest concentration of wineries in Washington, close to 3,000 acres of vineyards and offers the most immersive wine country experience in the Pacific Northwest.
“The Wander Walla Walla Valley Wine itineraries offer travelers something special – the opportunity to explore the wine region with the personal touch of recommendations from local winemakers,” says Liz Knapke, Executive Director of Walla Walla Valley Wine. “In addition to living like a local, guests get to experience wine country during one of the most beautiful seasons of the year. With the excitement of harvest and the leaves changing, fall is a wonderful time to wander the Walla Walla Valley.”
This year’s program includes six new itineraries available Friday through Sunday from October 1 to December 11, 2022. Visitors can download the itinerary of their choice at WallaWallaWine.com/Wander beginning September 21. Registration is free, and the itinerary is a pay-as-you-go experience.
“There is no better way to experience the Walla Walla Valley than wandering through it with recommendations made for you by those who know it intimately,” says Knapke. “Taking part in this journey allows visitors to honor their interests, while discovering a few pleasant surprises along the way.”
This year’s itineraries include:
- “Little & Local Gems” by Doug Frost & Taylor Oswald, Winemakers for Echolands Winery
- “Good Eats & Drinks” by Jason Fox & Todd Bernave, Owners & Winemakers of Lagana Cellars
- “Laid Back Day Out” by Bobby Richards, Winemaker for Seven Hills Winery
- “Scenic Walla Walla” by Trey Busch, Winemaker & Co-Owner of Sleight of Hand Cellars
- “A Veteran’s Guide to Walla Walla” by Josh Roznowski, Winemaker for Smoky Rose Cellars
- “Winemaker’s Choose-Your-Own Adventure” by Devyani Gupta, Winemaker & Viticulturist for Valdemar Estates